New to the forums?Log in with your Farwoods account.
Ollo eo Ollo

Come gem admirers one and all!

Tomorrow evening at the golden hour (Jun 18th @ 8pm Eastern / 7pm Central / 6pm Mountain / 5pm Pacific) the Morenth Mineral Society will host its inaugural Society Gem Swap inside the Morenth library.

What is a gem swap? It's where you trade what you found for what you wanted! It's a joy to find any gem at all, yet so rare to spot just what you were looking for. But somebody else might have found it, so come and bring beautiful gems to show and trade for your favorites.

Activities:

1. Look at beautiful gems (No pressure to trade! It's fine to come just to look, or bring gems just to show!)
  2. Avail yourself of the Mineral Society's services: educational materials and training in mining, scrounging, and jewel craft
  3. Meet Mineral Society members and ask about joining, to promote greater enjoyment of minerals by all critters in the Morenth area
  4. Join our raffle to benefit the Mineral Society: win crystals, gems, metals and jewelry!
  5. Eat, drink, and make merry

Yours in the mountain,
Morenth Mineral Society
Ollo eo Ollo, Society Chairhog
Twyrine, Treasurer
Lumi, Secretary Member and steady writing paw

Ollo eo Ollo

Thank you to those who came and joined our inaugural gem swap! We had a half dozen critters chatting animatedly about gems and it warmed my rain-chilled heart.

Major appreciation goes out to our raffle ticket buyers for supporting the Mineral Society. Your support allows us to continue investing in miners and bringing delightful gems to everyone.

Special congratulations to our raffle winners: Isabella the rat, and Magdalen the rabbit. Talk to me to collect your prize if you haven't already. Our prizes tonight were a beautiful ruby representing strength and power, a complete edition of Crystal Magic, a complete edition of Scrounging, and a clear quartz crystal. Missed out? We'll have another gem swap raffle soon, with fabulous prizes!

Twip

Are there plans to have anther gem swap? I would be interested in attending.

Twip.

Ollo eo Ollo

The Mineral Society's second gem swap was a big success! Many thanks are in order:

The Society thanks Lumi, Harold, and Aldia for bringing gems and crystals to exhibit for all. We had a stunning display.

Tremendous thanks to eight critters who made contributions to the Mineral Society: Diantha, Harold, Quarrel, Silk, Aldia, Skit, Ivy, and Lumi. And congratulations to our prize winners: Silk, Aldia, and Lumi! All chose gold rings and amulets from a variety of prize options- made from gold I found myself, and shaped by Randall's goldsmithing hammer.

Thanks to our two new Mineral Society members, who join in the mission to increase the enjoyment of minerals by all!

And finally, thanks to Twip for requesting another swap! It will not be the last, thanks to the support of many interested and friendly critters.