New to the forums?Log in with your Farwoods account.
Twip

So, trying something new. Anyone can write a new section of this story. Please don't use characters created by other players, this is an alternate reality or maybe future Farwoods universe inhabited by new characters. You can write in your own existing characters, but remember that this means you will allow other people to also write them. To keep two people from writing at the same time, comment "Next" when you start writing, and then edit your post with the actual content. If you see someone who called next place, give them an hour or so to write. If they haven't posted by then you can go ahead (remember to check the time zone). You can comment your opinion on the story or an idea for where you are trying to lead the story in OOC text, just remember that someone could go in a completely different direction and that's OK. Just please have it make sense with the story so far. Since there are no notifications right now, you can message in the off-topic discord channel when you finish writing a section. Now, without further ado:

Twip

Is this who we really are?

Tilda was excited. After years of training, doing land chores, and begging for permission, today would be her first hunt. She ran recklessly down the web of ramps and scaffolding that lead to Liverlock Island's harbor at the bottom of a sheer cliff, occasionally turning somersaults as she went. Throwing her head back with a whoop of joy, she ran square into Big Lars and landed flat on her back in a daze.

Lars of course was entirely unfazed. He was a true boulder of an otter, easily a head taller than anyone else on the island, with incredibly muscular arms and a generous belly that betrayed his love for bitterbery cider. A deep brown captain's coat and a wooden leg that did absolutely nothing to hinder his speed proclaimed him to be an expert seaman and buccaneer.

"Whoa, easy there missy. Where's you off to in such a hurry?"

"I'm very sorry sir! I'm going to be shipping off today on a run."

Lars's impossibly wide grin somehow became even wider.

"That you are! You'll be sailing with me. But best get yourself settled down, us otters of Liverlock are known and feared from shore to shore of this wide ocean and it would nae do to have us bowling each other over like this."

"Of course sir."

"Go see Jules about your assignment, and lay off the 'sir.' I's known ya since you was a baby. It don't feel right."

Tilda scampered off to find Jules. She cut quite the dashing figure if she might say so herself, with a red bandanna tied around her head, and a cutlass hanging from a stout leather and brass belt which she had spent far too long polishing.

Searching for Jules, she eventually arrived at Lars's prized longship, the Beached Whale. At around 25 paces long and 4 paces wide, she was the pride of Liverlock's shipyards and few could match her speed and maneuverability. A row of oars spanned from bow to stern and a single square sail was stowed on the mast.

(OOC: So in case you hadn't seen it, the race description for otters says "pirate gangs of otters are known to attack ships traveling to and from Kalris." That was my inspiration here. A pace is apparently 2.5 feet officially, scale that to otter size however you wish. Also in my mind Lars looks like John Silver from Treasure Planet. And the ramps and cliff docks are a total ripoff of How To Train Your Dragon.

My goal right now is for Tilda to end up on Kalris alone, but that's up to you all. This is actually my first time writing fiction outside of a few projects when I was in school, so hopefully it's decent. )