Ollo eo Ollo

Lately I have been learning more about the exciting world of potions, and one aspect of potion production that stands out is that crystal vials are treated as very precious objects and command a high price. I have sold crystal vials for as much as 4 silver fox coins each in the past, so I've certainly contributed to this state of affairs. Reflecting on it, this does not seem just: crystal vials are an enabling technology, unlocking production and distribution of potions and their enjoyment by all critters. This also affects the affairs of cloth dyers, who bring wonderful color across our fur and into our burrows.

I propose that the Mineral Society uses its resources and advises its members to these actions, in pursuit of universal quartz vial enjoyment:

1. Finance the production of a large quantity of vials, at least 200 count, to create a ready reserve.
  2. Provide vials to potion makers and dyers, especially those establishing their operations, at an affordable price (~1 copper each?)
  3. Establish vial amnesty for hoarders: return your unused and underutilized crystal vials and the Society will see them redistributed to help make potions and color dyes more widely available for all.
  4. Coordinate with shop keepers to ease the price of crystal vials by permitting a known potion maker or dye crafter to trade-in ready to use potions and dyes for crystal vials at a favorable rate, enabling further production.

Mineral society members, please weigh in! Ask the potion crafters and dyers you know what they think of these proposals. Share your thoughts: is this a wise course of action that we should execute? Let's make a decision soon: by the next season (this used to say August 1st, but I'll pick a new day when the server is back up) let us put a plan into motion or else move to put this action off until another time.

Yours in the mountain,
Ollo, Society Chairhog