Gaius

Scars were something that Gaius found quite a bit of pride in. He found no shame in the many burn scars, much less the one fresh on his chest. His paw lightly touched the now aging burns before extending that scarred arm in front of him absently. "Y'see, scars are proof that you overcame somethin' brutal and harsh, to me. Proof that you survived somethin'. It shows that you're stronger than you ever imagined."

Another touch to the burn made him smile even as Quarrel shifted away. "So I'll call them gifts. And I'll say I'm proud of them."

The movement of the claws digging into the ground caught his eye. Well. That wasn't so harmful - it could slide. He took in a deep breath of the smoky air. His words seemed to be sinking in slowly. That was fine. Time it could take. He was patient.

At the words, though, he snickered. "Aren't you a charmer! Aye, if you feel it's necessary, go right ahead. I've no qualms about it." Gaius thumped his chest with a grin. The question, however, had the fox tilting his head with a lax smile. "Aye? Have at it." 

Keen olive eyes were ready to watch with interest...